Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mabon 2010

We celebrated our thanksgiving with a yummy dinner of tater-tot casserole, then set up our altar in Fall colors and pumpkins, also some photos of what we are most thankful for.  My oldest helped me this year, I'm very proud of him.  We held a gratitude ritual and wrote out what we were most thankful for then tied it and burned it to the Goddess and God, then we went outside and beneath the Harvest moon we performed a Home & Hearth protection ritual.  It was a beautiful evening and so glad that Fall is finally upon us! Time for beautiful leaves, crisp air and Halloween!! I'm so proud of my son for helping me with the ritual tonight, I hope he takes something meaningful for it.

A cauldron of the earth from my yard for the home & hearth protection ritual.  So shall I say it, so mote it be.
the beautiful Harvest moon
my son and I, he's basically skyclad for the ritual :)
My son and I, he is one of the most precious gifts I have ever received,
Mabon altar 2010
I am so thankful for my children and my fiance, without them my world would be so empty.  I am thankful everyday that the Goddess allowed my partner to come into my life so we could create such amazing miracles together.
I am thankful for my strong body even though I put it through so much pain and turmoil, my feet still stand strong beneath myself holding me up to face the world.
I am thankful for my friends that are there for me through thick and thin, who liked me despite my anger and my little ticks.  I am glad I have them to make my life so much more fun.
I am thankful for the home over my head, thankful we have been here going on 2 years and have not had to move.  Thankful we have a place we can really call home and stay at till we are ready to move on.
I am thankful the Goddess came into my life when I was so young and open so I can learn and create in her honor.
I am thankful for another year to learn and grow, to love and prosper with my family and friends.  
Here's to another interesting and glorious year!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Milos. I just recently did a painting on gratitude.... Happy Practical Magic Party!

    xoxo Valerie
    http://valeriehart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Valerie :) The same to you xox

    ReplyDelete